WINTER SCHOOL 2021 - "USE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO SUPPORT REGIONAL SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT"
Use of Artificial Intelligence to support regional sustainable development is a joint winter school for BSc, MSc and PhD students from all disciplines, coming from the INVEST Alliance Univeristies. The course is implemented as a hackathon with preliminary lectures/tasks before the actual hackathon. The students will work in multidisciplinary groups on a specified challenge on supporting regional sustainable development using AI. The course is free for the admitted students and will be conducted online. Students will:
- Get acquainted with AI concepts and tools
- Explore AI applications on several sectors in urban environment
- Find and propose AI assisted solutions for supporting regional sustainable development
- Learn innovation methods and tools
- Build and develop network of experts
- Develop multiprofessional working life skills
- Acquire 5 ECTS
The course comprises of: (1) a three week period [18/10 - 07/11/2021] involving preliminary tasks and preparatory lectures (provided in synchronous and asynchronous mode), (2) a one week period where the expert lectures and the hackathon will take place [08-15/11/2021] and (3) a three day period [16-18/11/2021] where the final wrap up and submission of the reports by the students will take place.